The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences of the United States presented the Oscars for 2021. One of the most widely distributed galas in its history, since the winning film of the night, “Nomadland”, obtained only three statuettes: best film, best direction and best leading actress. “The Father”, “The Sound of Metal”, “Judas and the Black Messiah”, “Mank”, “Soul” and “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom” won two Oscars.
The director of “Nomadland” is the first Asian woman and second woman to win the Oscar for best director in the history of the awards. On the other hand, among the winners is the Spanish Sergio López Rivera for his makeup and hairdressing work in “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”.
Lista de ganadores premios Oscar 2021
- Best movie: “Nomadland”.
- Direction: Chloé Zhao for “Nomadland”.
- Starring actress: Frances McDormand for “Nomadland”.
- Starring actor: Anthony Hopkins for “The father”.
- Supporting actress: Yuh-Jung Youn for “Minari”.
- Suporting actor: Daniel Kaluuya for “Judas and the Black Messiah”.
- Adapted script: Christopher Hampton, Florian Zeller for “The father”.
- International movie: “Another Round”, Dinamarca.
- Animated movie: Dana Murray and Pete Docter for “Soul”.
- Documentary feature film: Pippa Ehrlich, James Reed and Craig Foster for “My Octopus Teacher”.
- Direction of photography: Erik Messerschmidt for “Mank”.
- Production design: Donald Graham Burt and Jan Pascale for “Mank”.
- Soundtrack: Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross and Jon Batiste for “Soul”.
- Original song: Fight for you,“Judas and the Black Messiah”.
- Editing: Mikkel E.G. Nielsen for “Sound of metal”.
- Makeup and hairdressing: Sergio López Rivera, Mia Neal and Jamika Wilson for “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”.
- Costume Design: Ann Roth for “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”.
- Sound: Nicolas Becker, Jaime Baksht, Michelle Couttolenc, Carlos Cortés and Phillip Blath for “Sound of metal”.
- Best Live-Action Short: Travon Free and Martin Desmond Roe for “Two Distant Strangers”.
- Best animated short: Will McCormack and Michael Govier for “If Anything Happens I Love You”.
- Best Documentary Short: Anthony Giacchino and Alice Doyard for “Colette”.
- Visual effects: Andrew Jackson, David Lee, Andrew Lockley and Scott Fisher for “Tenet”.