Songs of the Mediterranean returns this summer with seven concerts by local and international artists. The festival, which reaches its 35th edition in 2021, will pay tribute to Música Nostra on the occasion of the 40 years of its trajectory. This proposal aims to bring Majorcan society closer to the international essence of the most veteran festival of summer nights in Palma between 20 and 24 July.
According to the Deputy Mayor for Culture and Social Welfare, Antoni Noguera, “we have consolidated Songs of the Mediterranean as one of the cultural landmarks of the summer in Ses Voltes since its recovery in 2018, while at the same time placing Palma as the cultural epicenter of the Mediterranean”. As for the programming, different proposals and genres are included under a common thread, that of tradition and modernity. This is intended to reach a broad and intergenerational audience.
Entrance to the Ses Voltes venue will be free until the capacity established by regulations is full. This year the poster is the work of the illustrator Pere Joan and the program for these Mediterranean Songs is as follows:
- Tuesday 20th July. 21:30 h: MARALA (Valencia – Cataluña – Mallorca).
- Wednesday 21st July. 21:30 h: AZIZA BRAHIM (Sahara Occidental).
- Thursday, 22nd July. 21:30 h: MÚSICA NOSTRA. 40 ANYS (Mallorca).
- Friday, 23rd July. 21:30 h: CLAUDIO GABRIEL SANNA & RALL GRUP (l’Alguer (Cerdeña, Italia) – Cataluña).
- Friday, 23rd July. 23:00 h: SAN SALVADOR (Occitània, Francia).
- Saturday, 24th July. 21:30 h: N3RDISTAN (Marruecos – Francia).
- Saturday, 24th July. 23:00 h: KALÀSCIMA (Salento, Italia).